European Population Conference
EAPS has been organizing the European Population Conference (EPC) since 1987. EPC is the main event of EAPS and is a leading scientific gathering in the field of population studies. Experts from a wide range of disciplines, including researchers, policy makers and stakeholders discuss the latest developments in population research, population trends and dynamics as well as their causes and implications. EPC is organized every two years in a different European city in collaboration with local organizing partners.
EPC 2022: 29 JUNE - 2 JULY 2022
The European Population Conference 2022 (EPC 2022) convened from 29 June - 2 July 2022. EPC 2022 was organized by EAPS in collaboration with the Netherlands Interdisciplinary Demographic Institute (NIDI) and the University of Groningen.
Facts & Figures
- The first EPC took place in 1987
- EAPS has organized 14 EPC's in 13 different European countries
- Over 800 experts from all over the world visited EPC 2018
- More than 1250 abstracts were submitted for EPC 2020
- The themes "Fertility" and "Health" receive most submissions