EAPS is a professional, non-profit organization that promotes the study of population. EAPS has been established in The Hague, the Netherlands on 31 March 1983 and has a special focus on Europe.
Spanning the full range of population studies, EAPS membership is open to all persons who are interested in the study of population, who support the goals of EAPS, and who pay the membership fees. EAPS is an inclusive and open community of researchers from many disciplines with an interest in high-quality research and training in population studies, including demography, sociology, economy, health sciences, regional studies, history, law, and others.
To further its mission, EAPS ...
- organizes the flagship European Population Conference every other year
- supports working groups of key experts as well as a PhD network of early career scholars who organize topical seminars and workshops on a regular basis
- co-founded and supports the European Doctoral School of Demography
- co-founded and collaborates with Population Europe, the leading European network of research institutions
- founded and supports the European Journal of Population and the European Studies of Population book series
- has a peer-reviewed awards program honoring outstanding achievements
- maintains a website and publishes a newsletter to keep members up to date